Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Personal Mission Statement

Tonight at "holy hour" we reflected on the Gospel reading from this past week-end. In the reading they are all mission statements in one way or another. For our exercise we were asked to write out our own personal mission statements about how we are to live our faith to the fullest in our daily lives. I found this an interesting and thought provoking exercise in a way, so I decided to put mine here.... So here it is.

As a Catholic my mission is to bring the love of God to the world. I want to help those who may not know God find out what He is all about by how I portray myself. Through my thoughts, words, and deeds, while in a humble manner. I will always try to learn as much as I can about my faith so if someone asks me a question I will be able to answer it in a confident but friendly manner. As a Catholic, not only will I know about my faith, but I will happily practice it out. I will show my compassion to those who have lost their way and work on remembering that each person is different, and therefore I need to listen more rather then immediately judge them when they think differently about how to praise and worship God. I will volunteer more to help those in need in my own community in hopes that in some way it will help bring people closer to God. Doing these things will help me to always remember to treat people, from the moment of conception to death, with dignity and respect which is how every person deserves to be treated.

No comments: