Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Exercising Is So Addictive!

Jogging... Pilates... Zumba class... Tae-bo... These are pretty much my main ways of working-out. I enjoy working-out. If I do not work-out for a couple of days I get so thrown off...I am not one for doing the same things over and over again. I get bored with it after awhile and search for something new to keep me entertained. Even now I look at that list and if someone were to ask me which one is your favorite I would not be able to answer. I tend to use them with my moods.

Jogging when I want to go by myself and have some reflection time. When a lot of things are going on in my life and I just want to take some time to myself I like to jog. I do not have to worry about anything else but taking the next step and breathing. It is a mental tug-of-war kind of game. My body will tell me do not take another step, and as soon as I listen to it I usually find myself defeated. I have to fight to ignore that little voice in my mind saying I can't go another yard. It is an exercise in a way that helps me also fight temptations from sin... I also tend to pray a lot while I jog. It is good one-on-one time with God.

Pilates I enjoy to keep my core strong. It is a pretty methodical exercise for those who have never done it. You have to breath just right while doing the different floor exercises. In some ways it can be the most awkward exercise I have ever done, aside from yoga. People tend to put yoga and pilates in the same kind of category, but they are so different from one another. I tend to do this on days when I have so many different things going on that I can only fit a shorter work-out in, and it totally does the trick.

Zumba is like a big dance party. I tend to always go with friends and it is a blast. Zumba is a mix of latin ball room dancing moves that really burn calories. You sweat like crazy while figuring out the different moves the instructors throw at you without too much warning. It is also very nice because all the people that go there are girls too so it is just some fun without worrying about looking cute for whatever guy may walk in. No worries there. I tend to really do zumba on days when I want to have a work-out that is fun. It lasts an hour, but it sure does not seem like it.

Tae-bo is the one I use when I am really angry, annoyed, frustrated, aggravated, hurt, so forth and so on. I get to let the steam out on a positive way. In my mind I can pretend that I am punching or kicking whatever is causing me frustration. Afterwords I feel so much better and not so angry anymore.

No comments: