Saturday, June 19, 2010

"I Am Starting To Realize That Maybe The Reason We Are Here Is To Help Change Someone Else's Life."

I was messing around on facebook today and going through the bumper sticker app because I can sometimes find some really great quotes that I really end up liking. Some of them have actually become my favorites. I tend to write them down in one of my many quote notebooks... where I keep all of my very favorite quotes.

Today I found a bumper sticker that stated, "I am starting to realize that maybe the reason we are here is to help change someone else's life." I found this a very insightful quote. The fact is I am sure that part of God's plan for us in this life is to help change someone else's in a positive way. It might not seem like it at the time to us, but to that person we helped it could be something huge. I like to think at my job as a teacher I do a lot of helping change a person's life. When the kids are having a harder time missing their parents I try to give them a little extra attention and bring smiles to their faces. Maybe that is God's work for me that day... Or when a friend is going through an incredibly hard time and even though I do not know the right words to help them through, maybe just being there and giving them a hug and listening is just what they needed and that is another task God wanted me to accomplish that day. The truth is we all will never really know for sure what God has us here for, except to bring others closer to Him, and it makes sense that in helping change another person's life, we can easily help bring them closer to God. That is just my thought for the day.

No comments: