Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family Time




Family life these days is a little crazy here in my household... The average number of people here at any given time tends to be right around five. People are coming and going.

Just tonight, for example, my brother is somewhere around the house talking on the phone with one of his many girl "friends." My younger sister is in her room with the dog, probably talking on the phone with her boy friend or napping. She tends to stay up really late talking on the phone with him because it is the only time those two are really able to talk. Lately she is more like a walking zombie then a person... What can I say? Love makes even the most intelligent of us into complete idiots. My mom, baby nephew and I are all in the living room. I just finished putting the baby to sleep when my arm started to go to sleep and so I passed him onto my mother. My niece is running around somewhere in the back yard, but I can guarantee that within the next ten minutes she will be running through the door again. I know that both my dad and older sister will be home any minute now which will cause a bit of commotion with my niece when she sees them. It is an eventful kind of place to live...

I have to say my favorite part of my day today was being able to put Keegan, my nephew and Godson, to sleep. It is so peaceful watching the little guy fall asleep while holding him in my arms. He is now almost seven months old, but he still smells like a baby. :) It is crazy how fast he has grown in just the past few months. I want to freeze time for a little bit and keep him at this age. He is starting to crawl around, his only problem is he can only crawl backwards. He has not quite got the forward part of that down. I like to call it moving "Mater style." If you have seen the movie "Cars," then that reference should make sense. I have somehow gotten into the habbit of calling him my little Tigger because he loves to bounce. It is one of his favorite things to do, and he so cute when he gets going.

Yes, my family is most definitely full of drama, but I have to admit we have some nights like tonight when it is drama-free. Lately these nights have become rare, but we still have them. They are my family, and as crazy as we all are, for the most part I wouldn't want it to be any other way.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I would sometimes..be another way! Not the people..but you know what I mean! :) Love you so much.