Saturday, August 7, 2010

"The Glory Of God Is Man Fully Alive."

Yesterday after my day of fun, I have to say ended up being a pretty frustrating day for me. I knew I could make it through my day once I had a LOT of caffeine in my system. Since I don't drink coffee, the next best thing is a polar pop. I pulled up into the parking lot of where I work, and as I am getting out of the car with my lunch, polar pop, and another bag I ended up spilling the polar pop ALL over myself. It was one of those moments where I could have snapped. I was tired and now all wet and sticky. I ended up going back home to change. I was not at all in the best of moods the rest of the morning, which is not usually the case for me.

My lunch break finally comes around and I receive a text from a friend of mine, which totally made me re-think how I had spent my morning... it said, "Thought for today on Feast of Transfiguration... How do you shine most before God? What in your life most gives Him glory? 'The glory of God is man fully alive.' -St. Ireaneas." I really needed to read that because it made me realize the way I had been feeling all morning was not at all the way to let God shine through others. I tried to be a little bit more pleasant after reading that, and hopefully those around me could tell. I am grateful to have friends like this one who help keep me on track with my faith life. They are truly a blessing from God.

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

No wonder you were so cranky on Friday!!!

I have really enjoyed being back in the school this past week and re-living our kitchen encounters!

Teresa said...

Mike,

I know. I totally was cranky. It was not a good morning for me... I have had a blast seeing you around school all week too. It was nice to have you around so much! You love us too much to stay away too long though! lol. I am happy you hung-out with me in the kitchen. It made my day when I walked in and saw you.

Teresa