Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Merry Christmas" never gets old!!!!

There is one thing that really annoys me during the Christmas season... and that is people who really get annoyed when someone tells them "Merry Christmas." You look at their face and they look totally annoyed and usually grumble back something. I think that the stores that now have their salespeople say only "Happy Holidays" are more worried about not offending anyone. I think it is silly that a salesperson is not allowed to say "Merry Christmas," because as a client at their store I would much prefer hearing "Merry Christmas" over Happy Holidays.... I'm not saying they can't say "Happy Holidays," I just think that they should be able to say whatever Holiday greeting they feel like saying....
Another thing that really frustrates me are the people who consider themselves atheists, but enjoy the benefits of Christmas... the commercial side of the holiday... you know, basically they don't want to feel cheated out of presents... I find that so hypocritical to enjoy the fun part of a Christian holiday while the rest of the year claiming to not believe in any God whatsoever....
I am not quite sure what made me decide to write about those two things tonight except at work today a friend of mine got on the conversation of how we both get annoyed with the "Happy Holidays" greeting and hypocrites at Christmastime...
I want to apologize now for the lack of posting that will be happening over the next few days... My week-end is going to be packed with a college lock-in "mini-retreat" thing tomorrow night that I will be attending. It sounds like it will be fun, and after the week I've had I really really need it. Saturday I will also be busy catching up with some homework... so I might not be able to post anything until sometime on Sunday.... we'll see how it goes....

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Are you going to say Merry Christmas back to the sales people no matter what they say or don't say? Well, I plan to. I'm not trying to be a smarty thing..I just want to say it! :) Its one of the little happy things we can do and have at this time of the year....maybe even Blessed Christmas. Hmmm...