Saturday, December 12, 2009

My busy day

It is always fun to have a group of friends over for dinner... That is the plan for my evening... My Bible study group has just finished studying all about the Exodus and decided that for this week since finals week is this coming week, we would do something a little silly and fun. I invited everyone over for a delicious dinner and then we'll watch "The Prince of Egypt." I have spent my morning cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, living room, my car, and my room for the seven people coming over...
In just a little while I will begin making dinner. The menu will be baked ziti, garlic bread, a salad, and for desert a friend is bringing over cheese cake and people could also choose to have a root beer float too.... I didn't realize my friend was bringing over cheese cake until this morning, so we have a lot of vanilla ice cream and root beer extra. Hopefully someone will want one of those, but I don't think anyone would choose that over cheese cake.. well except for me... I've had a bad experience with cheese cake when I was a kid, and I've never really been able to enjoy it sense....
Anyway, after I cook I will then get ready for Mass, which all of us are attending together, and then coming back here for some good food... There won't be much studying for finals tonight... that's for sure!
It is always fun for me to host house parties... I don't do it very often with the whole family here because with everyone's busy lives there isn't always a good time to host one... when I am able to I have a lot of fun with it. :) I know that when I finally am on my own I will probably enjoy having more time to have friends come over for dinner. That's one of the things I am looking forward to the most.

No comments: