Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thinking Back in Time

As this decade comes to a close I found myself thinking back on how life was at the beginning of this decade for me... I started out the decade at age twelve and finished it at age twenty-two. I remember being in love with the backstreet boys that year along with having a huge crush on the boy next door... He was my first real big crush, and now that I think back on it I think he was a good one to have a crush on. He is a good guy still. That was the year that my older sister had her first baby boy and I became an aunt. I remember those were the days that I enjoyed playing basketball.... knock-out, horse, whatever game had to do with shooting a ball through a hoop. For being so short I became pretty good at that game. It was also the last year I played softball. I was very sad to say goodbye to my catcher position, but I can see why my parents decided to take a break from it. I played in a town outside of Bloomington, but was about a twenty-five min. to thirty min. drive for my dad to make two to three times a week. I loved that place though. There were a lot of Saturdays spent at that ballpark during the Spring and beginning of Summer. I remember that was the year that my homeschool group grew a ton. At the beginning of the year it was only my family and two others, but by the end of it we had I think eight families join us. The kids that came into that group that year stayed my best friends pretty much all through high school. We were all pretty inseperable until college came along.
I was hooked on reading Nancy Drew books when I was twelve. I still do enjoy reading suspense thrillers quite a bit.
2000 was the year I rocked out to "Its My Life" by Bon Jovie and "Kryptonite" and was obsessed with Faith Hills song "Breath." I could quote almost all the veggie tales movies by heart along with lines from the movie "Remember the Titans." It was the year that the first R rated movie came out my parents let me watch, "The Patriot" for history class. It was also the year "Bring it On" came out, and after watching that movie my friends and I wished we were in high school so bad so we could be cheerleaders.... not the wisest thing for us to want, but the movie glamorized it a lot.
It is so weird to me how fast this decade has gone by and I had a blast throughout it all! I wonder how much I will change at the end of the next decade... hmm.

No comments: