Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Super Heros

I have had an incredibly frustrating and unbelievable past few weeks.... more specifically though has been in the past few days. Even now thinking about it all I still can't decide if I want to laugh or cry over it all....
Saturday evening I decided to carpool with some friends over to a party. It was all just some good fun, nothing bad going on there. It was a great time spent with a number of friends who are a blast to be around... We got there around 11:00 p.m., and when we left the party around 2:30 a.m. we realized very quickly that my car went missing... it got towed... I was already tired from only four hours of sleep the night before and so I quickly snapped. I went crazy. I feel bad now for the friends who experienced my little melt-down. My friends and I walked around to locate the sign with the towing company on it, which took us quite awhile. When we finally called my dad to tell him we were stranded in the freezing cold air because my car was towed it was around 3:00 a.m. Later Sunday afternoon I was able to go and get my car back for only a mere $90.00....... I have learned my lesson about looking to make sure I park in visitors parking area; an expensive one, but a lesson nonetheless....
Yesterday morning, I woke up to snow on the ground. Not a lot mind you, but it was still snow and it made me really happy too see.... That is until I got in the car to drive. Underneath the snow happened to be a lovely layer of ice which made driving pretty treacherous. My neighborhood streets had not been cleaned off yet, so I attempted to drive very slowly on the curvy hilly roads... I was doing pretty well until I got to one certain hill in the neighborhood that is pretty dangerous when the roads get icy. I attempted to slow my car down, but the car slid instead. I took my foot off the breaks, because my dad always said when the car starts skidding on the ice, the best thing to do is take your foot of the breaks.... When that didn't work I tried tapping them, but I knew it was going to be useless. I saw a mailbox and knew that there was no way I was gonna miss it, and my mirror knocked off the mailbox. The post did not break, and mailbox itself did not break, it just got knocked off... my car mirror on the other hand was not so lucky. It got totally knocked off. My dad ended up having to attach it with duck tape. After my car hit the mailbox and I looked at the mirror just dangling there I started to laugh. I am not even kidding. I laughed for a good five minutes, and then after that I really wanted to cry. I didn't though, but I really wanted to...
It was after both of those two emergencies, I guess you could say, that I realize just how lucky I am to have the father that I do. Actually to have both the parents I do. My mom was great with listening to my vent about the stress I've had over the past few events... and my dad got up at 3:00 a.m. to pick up me and my two friends and gave them a ride home, and he was in a pretty good mood considering I woke him up and got him out of bed in the really cold air to save me from the predicament we were in.... He took off work early after he heard that my mirror fell off and came over to my work to fix my mirror, even if it was with duck tape. I think that both of my parents do not get enough credit for what they do for me, and I really love them dearly and am blessed to have them as my own. They are the BEST a girl could ask for!!!!!!!

No comments: