Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We All Have A Mission

I am created to do something or to be something for which no one else is created; I have a place in God's world which no one else has. God knows me and calls me by my name.
God has created me to do Him some definite service; God has committed some work to me which is not committed to another. I have my mission. I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons. God has not created me for nothing.
If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him, in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him; if I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. My sickness, or perplexity, or sorrow may be necessary causes of some great end, which is quite beyond us. God does nothing in vain.
O my God, I give myself to You wholly. You are wiser than I am -- more loving to me than I am to myself. Fulfill Your purposes in me whatever they be; work in and through me. I am born to serve You, to be Yours. Let me be Your instrument.
Amen

~John Henry Newman~

No comments: