Thursday, December 24, 2009

Trying to be more aware of answered prayers

"We all get at least one good wish a year. Over the candles on our birthday. Some of us throw in more. On eyelashes, fountains, lucky stars, and every now and then, one of those wishes comes true. So what then? Is it is as good as we'd hoped? Do we bask in the warm glow of our happiness? Or, do we just notice we've got a long list of other wishes waiting to be wished? We don't wish for the easy stuff. We wish for big things. Things that are ambitious, out of reach. We wish because we need help and we're scared and we know we may be asking too much. We still wish, though, because sometimes they come true."
~Dr. Meredith Grey~
Grey's Anatomy


This quote is so true. I know that this quote is talking about wishes, but it can easily be said about prayers as well. I consider wishes a kind of prayer myself anyway.... This quote makes me really ponder on all the answered prayers God has given. There are so many things I have asked God for... silly things, important things, really serious things, helpful things; so forth and so on. In a given day I am sure I have asked God to give me something, whether it be patience, or a break from everyday trials, or to help me with finals week... and yet sadly I do not always realize that God answers my prayers at the time He answers them because I already have another petition for him lined up in my mind. The quote above has helped me to really try to become more aware of all the blessings that God has given to me, and it has made me think of reflecting on that more often... so whether that is what the writers were trying to convey when they thought up that line, that is what it has ended up doing for me....

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Yes, I think we should be more aware of all the small and big blessings and give more out. After the movie, the condition of our country after today..its what we have left to do...
so, with that, you are a blessing, Teresa! Hope you have a very blessed Christmas..let's pour down blessings together today, esp. on our little children in this family..lots of love, hugs and connection!
I love you..off to cook now! :)