Friday, May 15, 2009

Birthdays are always fun. :)

Yesterday was a nice day for me. It should have been since it was my birthday, after all. Really though, it was a good one! I spent most of my day at work where I received many birthday hugs, and heard the birthday song sung to me multiple times. I loved hearing it each and every time. The kids were just to precious trying to sing it, and many of them did not know how to pronounce all the words and that made them all even more endearing! The little girls decided they wanted to give me a birthday make-over, so I had to sit still for awhile as they "fixed" my hair and did my make-up and nails... As long as they had fun and were happy was all that mattered to me. Messy hair was a small sacrifice to see them have so much fun. The boys all decided they would make me "birthday cakes" all day long. They all listened very well and were great at following directions for me too. If only they would do that everyday for me instead of just on my birthday...
Anyway, after work I went to mass which was a nice way of calming down and a good way of thanking God for a pretty good 22 years of life. Once mass was over and I got a quick our to go home and freshen up before I went to a confirmation catechist meeting. I actually did not want to go to that meeting at all for my birthday, but after my friend said he'd buy me a drink afterwords, I agreed. It was nice to spend time with him, and the place we ended up going to was pretty much empty and nice and quiet which was what I wanted since I would have to deal with a more loud party tomorrow night.... about fifteen to twenty friends of mine are all going to go bowling with me, and then after that I'll meet a few more at a local bar. It should be fun, and I am very much looking forward to it. I will probably blog about that eventually.... Until then, I should get off and start a load of laundry.

No comments: