Thursday, May 7, 2009

Field Trip!

Today has felt so much like a Friday rather than a Thursday for me. I think it is because at work we went on a fun field trip with the kids. If only my allergies were not so bad, I probably would have enjoyed the field trip more than I did...We took them to a place called "Pedan Farm." We were very lucky to be able to go this year because we were worried about how the weather would be. If it was going to be raining we did not want to take the children there because of the lack of shelter. I am very glad it turned out to not be too sunny and hot, but it was pretty perfect weather. The only thing we missed out on was the hay ride because it was just to muddy for them to have it open. Instead the kids and teachers all had a fun time getting up close to all the different farm animals there. We got to pet horses and hold baby chicks, goslings, and baby ducks. They were the cutest little things, and the kids had a blast taking turns holding the little babies. I wish I had a camera today so I could have taken pictures of that. We also were able to pet baby cows and a donkey named Henry. I was quite partial to Henry myself. He was so cute! Another cool thing we watched were when the sheep were sheered. It is always fun going on field trips with the children where they can get up close and personal to things they don't normally get to touch and watch every time. They all had a ball!
After work I was able to spend some with my three nephews as well, who I haven't seen in awhile. We played outside with my little sister's new puppy, named Lucy. The best way to describe Lucy is a small little black ball of fur. She is half poodle and half shih-poo. I personally am partial to the bigger dogs and I really really would love to have a lab, but sadly, I happen to have a busy life and don't have time for a dog like that. I have to say though, little Lucy is starting to grow on me. My nephews had a blast playing with her outside and it was a lot of fun to be with them. Whenever I have had a long day those three boys always find a way to make me forget about how tired I am and I love them dearly!

No comments: