Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The next tempting tax product is......


I just finished reading an article that talks all about how the next most probable thing that our president will begin taxing will be sugar-sweetened beverages. This could include all Coke,Pepsi, Gatorade, Red Bull, and any other sugar-sweetened beverages... I am now glad that water happens to be something I really do enjoy drinking, I will miss drinking Dr. Pepper as much though if they do decide to tax all those beverages... You can read more about it all if you click here.

3 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

I am not happy about this. They're just taxing sugary drinks so it can set the precedent so they can tax anything with sugar. And what's next?

Sugary soft drinks do not cause diabetes. You'd have to drink an awful lot of sodas to get diabetes simply from soft drinks.

Suzanne said...

Boy, Obama and his cohorts must sit up all night long thinking of cr-p
like this. The evil one never sleeps as they say. I don't even drink much pop, but its just plain wrong to do this...there is plenty of other stuff that cause diabetes also, I agree.

Kate said...

*sigh* I was going to have to give up coke eventually anyways...welcome to a preview of the next for years...