Sunday, May 10, 2009

Introducing My Boys!


The picture to the left is one of my three favorite boys, my nephews. From right to left; there's Jordan, age 9, Isaiah, age 8, and Aaron, age 6. It's funny because the actions they are showing in this picture happen to show a lot about their personalities....

Jordan, is a great kid, but he is also very quiet. He thinks a lot more about things, but hardly ever wants to talk about it. He's the most serious of the three. Sometimes I wish he would talk more about how he's dealing with all the drama that has happened in his life, but right now he is just not ready to share all that. He's had the hardest time dealing with my older sister's divorce, and sometimes it just kills me with how hard it has been on him. I am sure when he's older and Maria feels ready to share with him all the reasoning behind the divorce he will understand a little more, but until then he's getting through it as best he can. My sister said she found a really good psychiatrist program for him, and I think it will help him immensely!

Isaiah, the one in the middle tends to never listen to anything we tell him. He was born prematurely, and because of that he has had a harder time with picking up on things. He is a little behind with social development and how to properly interact with the kids his age. He spends a lot of time in his own little world and no matter how much you try to get his attention to listen to something important, it usually ends up going through one ear and immediately out the other one. The thing about Isaiah though, is that he is like a teddy bear. He loves to cuddle all the time, and he loves hugs way more than the other two boys do! He's a sweet heart and greatly loved by all!

Then there's Aaron. Aaron does not pay attention to anything around him really. He just does not look where he goes and is clumsy that way, kinda like me! He is the funniest one of the three and is always saying things that always make us laugh. He's also our little "player." He loves the girls, and wherever he goes he spots them and becomes friends with them as soon as he can. He is the biggest little flirt there ever was. Whenever I feel not so pretty or whatever, he always will come up to me and say "Aunt Ti Ti, you're BEEEUUTIFUL!!!!" I love it! It's like having a little ego boost all the time whenever you are around him. He's just to adorable.

So there's a little bit of my nephews, and they are such an important part of my life. Since my sister had them when she was so young she ended up staying here with all of them for quite awhile. I think they have lived here for a good five years, and because of that they are a lot like my little brothers; not just my nephews. I would do anything for these little guys. :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

+M

Aw, they are so adorable...Aaron reminds me of my little cousin, Stephen, who is also a little "flirt," hehe...enjoy every moment you have with them while they are still young, because one day you'll blink and they will be all grown up :)

Suzanne said...

I think you speculated pretty right on..the one thing I'd add about each one, is that Jordan can also be responsible and a bit parental. He is very smart and although quiet, with the right kind of encouragement by teachers, etc., he likes to participate in things and is good with animals too.

Isaiah "The Bear," also smiles alot, which brightens a room. Just take a look and almost every time, he'll smile back. He still helps to keep the kitchen cleaner than some of my own young adult children! He is friendly and always says "Hi!" to most everyone.
Yes, he's into his little world, but he isn't a quitter when the subject matter seems to be something he can connect with and he loves to sing! I often wonder what he is thinking. Don't you?

Aaron is a mostly good little fellow who enjoys life. Order and fairness (esp. for his things and activities) is very important to him. Justice must prevail! (or else!) In fact, I think he ought be become a judge! Ha!

You are more than an aunt to these boys...I know cause I was more than an aunt to my nephews..so I know how you love them. Pray for them and keep close..one day when you are 50 something, you'll get some very special phone calls and some great big big hugs..I've a hinting suspicion! ;)