Sunday, May 3, 2009

My 25 Things

A few months ago on face book, there was an interesting epidemic going around where lots of people felt the need to write down 25 random things about themselves.... Seeing as how I am wide awake at the moment and can't really fall asleep I thought I would put down 25 random facts about me on my blog.... So here it goes...

1.) My favorite color is navy blue, followed very closely by green.

2.) I am a huge Colt's football fan. It is kind of funny because if you look in my room you will find quite a few Colt's things there like my Colt's blanket and Peyton Manning poster...

3.) My favorite song to play on the piano ever is "Ave Maria" by Bach.

4.) I love to dance in the rain when it is pouring out and there is no lightning... there's something revitalizing and refreshing about not worrying how I will look afterwords.

5.) When I was younger my favorite holiday was 4th of July. I loved the fireworks... I guess I have always been a bit of a pyromaniac.

6.) I secretly envy people who can dance beautifully... I was never gifted that way.

7.) I also secretly envy people who know how to write good music lyrics. I have tried many times to sit down and write a song, but they never ever come out good at all. In fact, they are just awful.

8.) My very favorite saint is Saint Anthony. I don't know what I'd do without him sometimes.

9.) Taylor Swift is my favorite song writer right now.... She is really gifted.

10.) I can't stand it when people do not use their blinkers when they are driving. It really drives me crazy. I mean seriously people? It does not take that much effort to turn them on.

11.) I am hooked on going on retreats, planning retreats, pretty much anything having to do with a retreat I will try to get on board with it...What can I say, I love the Jesus buzz that comes with the territory.

12.) Sometimes late at night in the Summer when I can't sleep I will go outside and just look at the stars and wonder how there are people out there who really don't believe God exists. I just can't comprehend that.

13.) I find guys who are so into themselves and think everyone automatically loves them because they think they are so hot or whatever really unattractive.

14.) The most peaceful parts of my week are when I go to daily Mass. I really like going to daily Mass. I wish I could go more, but with my schedule that does not always work out. (I know, sounds like a sop-out, but it's true...)

15.) I love to read. I am always reading something. It is always fun to get so lost in a book that you don't realize time passing by and all you want to do is find out the ending. I wish more people enjoy reading as much as I do...

16.) I consider myself a dork, but then again I think everyone has a "dork" side to their personality, and if not they must be somewhat boring people to be around.

17.) I've never flown on a plane.

18.) I cannot stand riding on roller coasters. I get motion sickness, and roller coasters are just awful. I've tried them, but I just can't deal with them.

19. I have a fear of falling to my death...I don't know why that is, but because of that fear I hate climbing on unsteady things. I get a little freaked out about it.

20.) I love playing sudoku. It's so addicting.

21.) I think that I put way to many expectations on some people, and when they fall through, I get really disappointed... I need to work on that part of my personality.

22.) The movie "Armegeddon" happens to be my second favorite movie. I swear that movie always makes me cry. I tell myself each time I go to watch it that I won't let the scene when the dad is saying goodbye to his daughter get to me, and no matter how hard I try not too cry, I always end up bawling like a baby.

23.) I never really understood the obsession over Harry Potter. I never read the books, and I was not really a fan of the movies either, or at least the two that I saw. I think that it was overrated, but I am sure there are many out there who disagree with me on that.

24.) If I could have my dream wedding the ideal place to get married for me would be at the Farm with Fr. Mike as the presider. I think the farm is so gorgeous, and since Fr. Charlie died, Fr. Mike is the natural second pick for me. He's watched me grow up and knows me very well. It's too bad I have a huge family though, because I know not everyone one would fit in the farm chapel....

25.) I am very proud to say that since last year I have lost and kept off 33 pounds and am down three pants sizes. That makes me happy!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Some of this I didn't know.
You know I have never watched Armegeddon. I am sad that it makes you so sad, but let me tell you that ending would fit for me if I was having to let you go for a time too! Sigh.
Having had to let go of both of my parents and a baby boy, though, I know in my heart, that God helps us through it, because He never quite leaves us alone. Still, it is good to talk these things out or write about them. It is knowing that love is so strong, though, that makes us real..makes this life real and we hold on in that "roller coaster" ride of life..I feel you get this all very honestly, but it will work out..my momma and your grandmomma told me so! ;) I love you!!!