Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Genetics and Sneezing

Growing up, whenever I had to sneeze but could not, my mother would always tell me to look at the sun and it will help. Well, today while at work I had to sneeze and it would not come so I looked up at the sun and withing like five seconds I sneezed. One of my friends from work caught me doing that and asked me if I knew that looking up at the sun and sneezing happens to be a genetic thing. I have never heard that before, so I became curious and looked it up on the internet, and sure enough, she was right. It's called sun-sneezing, and apparently only 25% of all people are able to sun-sneeze. I also learned that if I have kids, about half of mine will probably be able to sun-sneeze too. If you really are interested to learn more, you can find the article here.

4 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

I'm going to have to try!!

Does this mean any time you want to sneeze you just need to look at the sun? Does it work every time, or only if you think a sneeze is looming?

Interesting!

Teresa said...

Mike:
It only works when you have to sneeze, but it won't come.

Suzanne said...

ROFL!!!! Mike....that is so funny because do you just really want to sneeze anytime? I mean would it be fun? LOL! Yes..it only works if you need to sneeze and don't let people interupt you or try to make you laugh while doing this..it might interupt the process for which you are in such dire need of getting that sneeze out at the time ..you don't want the delay! LOL! Funny stuff here!

Mike Keucher said...

That's right, one never knows when one will have a craving to sneeze!