Saturday, May 9, 2009

I didn't realize I was so popular.....(not sure I like it either)

Today was one of those days, as a friend put it, "you just want to lay in bed all day and listen to the rain..." So very true. As he said that to me I realized that's where I wanted to be all day, in bed in my pj's while reading a good book and listening to the rain fall on my window. Sadly, I have a life, and so I was not able to do what I really wanted. Instead I went to work and began planning my birthday party or celebration or whatever you wish to call it for the following week-end. I spent my morning before work making the facebook group and after I invited all the friends who mentioned they wanted to hang out with me for my birthday, I realized there were over 40 people on the list.... Hello, what am I supposed to do with 40 people???? Since my parents will be away for the week-end, and I am a responsible child, I was not at all going to invite 40 plus people over and end up wrecking the house, cause that is what would inevitably happen.... Instead, after talking with some friends this past week, I decided I would meet the one's under 21 and go bowling and hang out with them a little bit before I go to a local bar. The lady at the bowling ally kind of laughed when I called to have lanes reserved for my group. I told her I was not positive on the number, but I thought in realily it would probably be somewhere between 20-30 people, but I would call her back later with more of an idea. After I told her the number she told me she understood why I needed to call to reserve lanes since Saturday evening is a busy time for them.In a way though, as much as I love all the people I invited, I kinda hope not all 40 people end up coming because as much as I love my friends, I feel awkward enough as it is being the "center of attention." I really don't like being in the center of attention at all. Even as a kid I hated being called out to do something and have people stare at me, which is kind of funny now since I am studying to be a teacher.... Anyway, so I have a feeling my week will go by fast with all the preparation and what not that will entail. I have a few friends who might come in from out of town and spend the week-end with me, which should be fun! I figure, if God wants me to celebrate my birthday with 40 plus people, so be it...
Another thing I realized about today (Well, I guess it is technically yesterday now.) as I was sitting here typing is that today happens to be the day my older brother died 24 years ago. It's so weird to think how time goes by so fast. I don't feel as though I'm almost 22, but I am, and I am sure my parents don't feel like it's been 24 years since their son died, but it has. It makes a lot more since now why my mom seemed a little side tracked today, that is once I realized the connection of the date and my brother...Isn't it how life works though. Sometimes you realize things just a little too late and you can't really go back and fix it. So that's where my mind's been today, and I am sure to have another random blog tomorrow night after hanging out with my nephews all day! Until then, goodnight ya'll!!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, sounds like a good group! :)
I hope and pray you'll have a nice celebration. :)
Little St. David..:) went to Heaven actually, 23 years ago. He would be 25 years old this summer on July 22nd. The years have gone by, but I can still remember my smiling little fella. I sure miss him! Thank God you came around a year to the date nearly after his passing. God is good. Amen :)

Teresa said...

oops. My counting was a little off...sorry about that, Mom...