Monday, May 18, 2009

"I Am"

This past week with being surrounded by friends and family all week for my birthday, I took the time out to reflect on the past twenty-two years of my life. I think I have accomplished quite a few things that I've set out to do, and still there are more goals left to work towards. I was looking through one of my old Chicken Soup for the Soul books and I found this one story which kind of went along with my own thoughts about all that I've done so far. It made me realize that even though a person may have an "official" job title, they should not label themselves as only that position... I put the little story below, and I think you will be able to see what I mean...

I Am
by Amy Yerkes

I am an architect: I've built a solid foundation, and each year I go to that school I add another floor
of wisdom and knowledge.
I am a sculptor: I've shaped my morals and philosophies according to the clay of right and wrong.
I am a painter: With each new idea I express, I paint a new hue in the world's multitude of colors.
I am a scientist: Each day that passes by I gather new data, make important observations, and experiment with new concepts and ideas.
I am an astronaut: Constantly exploring and broadening my horizons.
I am a doctor: I heal those who turn to me for consultation and advice, and I bring out the vitality in those who seem lifeless.
I am a lawyer: I'm not afraid to stand up for the inevitable and basic rights of myself and all others.
I am a police officer: I always watch out for others' welfare and I am always on the scene preventing fights and keeping the peace.
I am a teacher: By my example others learn the importance of determination, dedication, and hard work.
I am a mathematician: Making sure I conquer each one of my problems with correct solutions.
I am a detective: Peering through my two lenses, searching for meaning and significance in the mysteries of life.
I am a jury member: Judging others and their situations only after I've heard and understood the entire story.
I am a banker: Others share their trust and values with me and never lose interest.
I am a hockey player: Watching out for and dodging those who try to block my goal.
I am a marathon runner: Full of energy, always moving and ready for the next challenge.
I am a mountain climber: Slowly but surely, I am making my way up to the top.
I am a right-rope walker: Carefully and stealthily I place my self through every rough time, but I always make it safely to the end.
I am a millionaire: Rich in love, sincerity, and compassion, and I own a wealth of knowledge, wisdom, experience, and insight that is priceless.
Most important, I am ME!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

....and because the Almighty made you, you can do greater things as Scripture says. :) I really really like this..very cool! :)