Friday, July 31, 2009

According to Your Will....

"Christ, hear me.
Christ, hear me.
Christ, graciously hear me.

Discerning your silence is a difficult task,
but it is not something I do on my own.
Everything I am, all my experiences, thoughts,
memories, passions, and my spirit,
comes to me from You, Jesus,
You give me life.
You sustain my life.
You inspire and guide the course of my life.

Show me how I can please You.
Grant me the strength to love you more intensely.
Let Your Spirit direct my choices.
When I pray about my vocation in life,
let me not focus too much upon the future.
Let me become more receptive to your presence;
it is when I am patient, humble
and self-sacrificing that I encounter You.

Becoming fully attentive to each moment
allows me to see you working in others
and in myself.
It is when I am patient, humble,
and filled with love, that I grow closer to You.
Intimacy with you is how I will know
what you ask of me.
Grant me the strength to do whatever you ask of me
according to Your will. Amen."

~Colleen Wamser~

No comments: