Wednesday, July 15, 2009

C.O.T.A.

I was pleasantly surprised with the bank I use this past Saturday morning. I went there to open up a savings account (I know a lot of you are wondering why I have not done that yet... I am somewhat embarrassed about that fact, myself... but I've opened one now so I feel better about myself.), and as I was waiting for the woman to help me open it up I looked around and noticed that they were doing a fundraiser. They are trying to raise somewhere around $1,500 dollars for C.O.T.A. Whenever I see someone raising money for this place I always gladly donate to it. Now, for those of you who are new to my blog, you can read more about why this organization is so close to my heart when you click here. I happened to have noticed a lot more fund raising going on for C.O.T.A. this year. I think it has a lot to do with baby Ryan, a little baby boy who is from the Bloomington area and is in need of an kidney transplant. You can learn more about him if you click here. If you want to know more about this organization there is a neat video which you can watch it if you click this. I would have actually put it on my blog, but there is no code for me to use to place it in this blog. The one thing I love about this organization is that all the funds that the children get come from the child's community, because that is where the majority of the fund raising comes from. It helps bring a community together in a very uplifting way.


Mission and Vision

The Children’s Organ Transplant Association (COTA) helps children and young adults who need a life-saving transplant by providing fundraising assistance and family support.

Statement of Values

Life
Respect for life including transplant-needy patients, their families and communities, organ and tissue donors, contributors and COTA volunteers.

Integrity
Fairness in all relationships through the demonstration of unquestionable integrity, accurate financial reporting and the responsible stewardship of resources in COTA’s care.

Innovation
Enhancement of COTA’s ability to provide 100% of all donated funds to benefit transplant-needy patients with transplanted-related expenses, and to provide excellence in service provided to every individual contacted.

Education
Promotion of the need for organ and tissue donors and support for public education focused on the organ and tissue donation process with the goal of future elimination of lengthy transplant waiting lists

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your brother David's legacy is saving so many children's lives. It really must give you all such a great feeling knowing that this whole organization can be traced to his little life.

Ripples, creating greater miracles.