Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Time

Have you ever realized how time seems to be your enemy? It always speeds up when you are having a great time and then when you wish it would speed up through a boring time in your day it always goes by so slowly??? It just hit me today that half of my Summer is over. Classes will begin next month and how I spend my life now will be totally different. I will be consumed with work and school, and helping out with youth group... I won't have much me time at all this upcoming year, and thinking about all that is starting to get to me.
It's funny how plans go. I had a great Summer planned out this year filled with trips to Holiday World and King's Island, camping, going to see family down South, and hanging out with my friends as much as I possibly can, but so far the only thing I have ended up being able to check of this fun "to do" list is hanging out with my friends as much as possible.... Not that that is a bad thing, because it is not, it is just that I started out looking forward to so many things, and for whatever reasons... work mostly... I have not been able to check off more on that list. Luckily, I will be able to check off atleast one more thing on this list and that is my King's Island trip. I am looking forward to hanging out with my friends for the week-end. It should be a great time, and a nice way to kind of end my Summer before I have to buy school supplies and figure all that stuff out.
I guess in some ways having my life focused on God, school, and work is in some ways a blessing. Some of my close friends are leaving this fall for college and whatever the future holds for them, and I am going to miss them terribly. I think the best thing for me is to keep busy so that I don't think about how I won't see them nearly as much. It'll be hard this coming school year without them here with me, but with my schedule time will probably fly past, or at least I hope it does, but as I said before... time seems to be my enemy. I hope I am not dead by the end of this year though!

(Side note: My computer at home is still not fixed, and so that is the reason for my lack of posting... as soon as it's back up and going I will let ya'll all know...)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh, please...don't say that! I hope you have enjoyed your friends...they all seem like neat people. I hope you have a safe and good time with them and hey..I'm willing to get away with you somewhere if you want to hang out with an old lady! Ha! :) Mwah! XXXOOO