Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Patience Is A Virtue...

One of my favorite quotes out there happens to be by a famous poet, Ralph Waldo Emerson. There are so many quotes of his that I love, but this is most definitely my personal favorite.

"What is success? To laugh often and much. To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children. To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty. To find the best of others. To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition. To know that one life breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)~

This is one of the quotes I do try and follow and live up to. Today at work there is a girl that has been with us for about two weeks. She is a cute kid, but she is kind of spoiled and maybe a little over dramatic. What I mean by that is she wants to be held almost constantly and if you put her down she will throw herself face down onto the floor and throw a fit, and then start crying because she has hurt herself... There are so many kids in the room that need my attention just as much as she does, and I need to make sure I give each child equal attention. I was at my wits end with her today, and came home with a little bit of a headache. I opened up a book, and the quote above was the first thing I read. I needed to be reminded of that quote.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You are so good with the little ones, but you need to be good to you too and this quote describes you quite a bit..I love it too!
Maybe each day just sit the little thing down 5 min more and stand your ground..she has to learn..then give her a big smoochy for me. Spoiled?
Eh, yeah, maybe, but if she is new...well, you know how I feel about some daycare. I hope it gets better, darlin and soon!