Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm A Lean Mean Housecleaning Machine

I have finally found the time in my hectic week-end to sit down and breath. My week-end feels as though it went by so fast and was packed with a lot of different things. I feel like I've been going like the energizer bunny. My Saturday was spent with mostly cleaning my house. I cleaned a heck of a lot, and when I thought I was finished with that and I could relax, my sister called begging me to help her pack up her apartment so that she could come over for dinner with us, so being the good sister I am, I told her I'd come over and help. All in all, I think I spent six hours cleaning. I think I got a good work-out out of it though. :)
Saturday evening was nice. My family had a friend over for dinner. He's leaving for the seminary next month and my mom wanted to have him over before he left, which was kind of funny in a way since she ended up having to work last night... We cooked out and I think it was pretty fun.
Today happens to be my Aunt and Uncle's birthday, so my sister and I sat with them at Mass while my parents and brother were serving. It was nice to be able to sit down with them on their birthday. My Uncle also happens to be my godfather, and it is always nice to be able to go to Mass with them.
This afternoon was spent shopping, which is always fun, even though I was a "window shopper" today. I like to go to different stores and try on different outfits I would never actually wear just for fun.
This evening was spent at the youth group Bible study. There was a nice sized group there. We talked about the Sacraments, and I found it very interesting. Afterwords I played a little bit of ultimate. Now, for those of you who do not know me personally need to understand I am very competitive when I play a sport. I mean it is all good fun, but I still am competitive. I think it comes from when I played softball so much when I was younger. I like to win a lot, and if I lose I'll be okay, but I do like winning better. After about a half hour of playing I got to be pampered at a Mary Kay party. It is always fun to have girl nights like that where you can joke around about things you would never talk about around the guys. So as I said before, I have had a busy week-end, and I am now some-what ready to go back into work tomorrow a little bit refreshed, especially after the Mary Kay party.

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

Teresa,

Saturday was fun! I'm glad I came over!

The things I like about the McConnell home: Nice house, good company, and delicious food!!

Mike

Teresa said...

Mike: I am glad you had fun.

Teresa