Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Always in My Heart

This past Sunday night I got to spend some time with an old, but dear friend. I met her when I was 11, and both of our families were in the same homeschool group together. While visiting with her, we started talking about some of our other old friends from that group. It was then that I realized how long it's been since I had seen, or even talked to some of those people that at one time I was so close to. We were all like a family in a sense, because we were together as much as we possibly could, and we knew everything about eachother. You know, who was mad at whom, who had a crush on so and so, whether someone got in trouble and why, what made each of us tick, and what made each of us smile when we were down. I now know hardly anything about them. Thinking about that made me remember a bumper sticker I once found on Facebook, and which I put on this post. It's sad that this happens a lot as people grow older. They change and become different people, as does yourself. I know that even though we have all gone and done our seperate things, and even if we do not stay in touch as we grow older, that we will always be able to look back on those homeschool days and smile. They will each always have a special place in my heart, and I will never forget that without having these people in my life, I probably would have turned out to be a different person.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Remember...take the good parts of each person you spend much of your time with..give those parts some room in your way of living and those souls will NEVER completely be away from you..that is how I have to think..after losing my sister, our son, my mom and my dad..and others..where I CAN'T communicate with voice and hearing or letter writing and receive a written response..you can still continue to do that some too, but I know you already know that and that you will. Good post.

Unknown said...

I am finding facebook amazing for reconnecting with people I knew in high school and even younger. It is a lot of fun catching up.

Teresa said...

I do have them as friends on facebook, but we just rarely ever message eachother at all on there. :(