Monday, March 30, 2009

Just a Little Reminder


Don't forget that tomorrow is the BIG red envelope day! I have mine all ready to go in the mail tomorrow. Basically you're supposed to send an empty red envelope and address it to the president, and then on the back of the envelope you're supposed to write, "This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion. It is empty because the life was taken and is now unable to be a part of our world." Now, I don't know how much this will do for us, but I have a feeling there will be tons of these red envelopes that will come in. It's one little thing you can do that won't take much time and if anything, in a small way you're letting your voice be heard.
It reminds me of when I like to wear my pro-life t-shirts. I have numerous ones that I where, along with the many retreat t-shirts I still where too. My favorite pro-life t-shirt is one that I got from my mom. The front of the shirt says "Survivor 79" and then on the back it states, "Since 1973, 1/3 of my generation has been slaughtered by abortion at the rate of 4,000 babies per day. My friends... My classmates... My generation compromised by the selfishness of others. As a survivor I will not let future generations be murdered in the name of convenience. I will not be silent. I will not forget. I will not compromise." Now I have received many comments because of this t-shirt, some good, and some not so good. I don't really get into heated conversations over this t-shirt with people who do not seem to appreciate it... instead I let the t-shirt speak for itself because everything that's written on it is completely true. If you're interested in buying one you can find it at prolifetothemax.com
I really do hope you all will take the time to send that red envelope tomorrow!

No comments: