Friday, March 27, 2009

St. Anthony to the Rescue!!!

St Anthony happens to be one of my very favorite saints. I am such a scatter-brained person, that I do not know what I would do without the guy. I think I ask him to help me out at least two or three times a day. I owe him quite a bit for all the help he's given me.
Last night, my mom asked me to drop by the store on the way home from the library to pick up Velveta cheese so she could make macaroni and cheese for the fish fry tonight. Now, I do not like velveta cheese at all. I think it is kind of gross to be honest, so I never have had to go and buy it from the store. When my sister and I got there, I immediately headed over to where the cheese was thinking that since Velveta cheese is cheese, it should have been there. I stood staring at all the different cheeses for about three minutes until I realized that it was not there. Not knowing where else to look for cheese I decide to go find my sister and ask her if she knew where the Velveta cheese was kept. When I asked her, she had no idea either. For some silly reason, I decided to go check the macaroni and cheese area thinking that since macaroni is made with Velveta maybe they kept it there. After looking in that aisle for a few minutes and not finding this cheese I became very frustrated with myself. I decided the velveta cheese had to be in the cheese aisle, and I somehow missed it, so I went back to the cheese aisle again. I think I stood staring at all the different brands of cheese for another five minutes when it finally donned on me that I should pray to St. Anthony. So I told him how frustrated I was getting and if he would help me somehow find the Velveta cheese I would be very grateful. I turned the corner, and right by the milk were some shelves, and on the bottom shelf, what was there? None other then the Velveta cheese that I had been searching all over the store for. So, thank-you St. Anthony for helping me, yet again!

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

That is precisely why I hate going on missions to the store. Things are never in logical places! And the bigger the stores get, the harder things are to find!!

Mike

Unknown said...

St. Tony is such a personal friend of mine that I can even use his nickname. He must really get sick of me lately because I lose things every day, but with his help I also find the things I lose too.