Thursday, March 26, 2009

Paralleling with Mary

Last night I had another great time at "holy hour." It was led by a friend of mine, who will actually be becoming a nun after she is finished with college (YAY!!!). Last night for holy hour, since it was the feast of the Annunciation, we talked all about Mary. There were some parallels that my friend brought up which I had never really thought about before for whatever reason. For example; how when Jesus was lost in the temple when he was twelve for three days and then was found again was a parallel to when he died on the cross and then rose again from the dead. I don't know why that never hit me, but I got it for the first time last night. Another parallel she brought up was that of Mary being the new Ark of the Covenant. She talked about the similarities between David's relationship with the Ark of the Covenant and Elizabeth's (Mary's cousin) relationship with Mary. I would put the passages from the Bible here, but sadly I do not know where they are and I don't have much time to find them this morning... I never ever thought about Mary being the new Ark of the Covenant, but again, it makes total since to me. It was filled with other things like that, some of which I had talked about in my Mary talk I gave almost a month ago. I really enjoy going to these holy hours because I always come out of them with something new to think about and ponder and learn. There's never been a dull one yet!

5 comments:

Lilly☮ said...

(i was viewing blogs randomly...)
your blog is great!
i like it:)

Teresa said...

Ms. Gossip:
Thanks! :)

Mike Keucher said...

Are you talking about Jess in this post, who led holy hour last night?

I would have gone but I was up will 4am studying! I'm so sleep deprived it's not funny.

Mike

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

Mike:
No, not Jess. I was talking about Kate, actually. I hope you made it through you're test though! That does not sound like fun at all!