Monday, March 9, 2009

Learning to enjoy the ride

This week-end here in good old B-town, the weather has been amazing. I have enjoyed being able to go outside without a jacket and feeling comfortable. I did not really realize how much I missed being able to feel more free without being bogged down by a coat, hat, mittens, and a scarf. There's something about the first few days of nice weather after being closed up for months inside with crazy hyper children and grumpy siblings. The weather has put me in such a happy mood, and nothing's really been able to bring me down.
Just today I spent some time out in my "secret" spot again just reveling in the sounds of nature. I had another heart to heart chat with God. You see, the past few months I have been so frustrated with Him and confused by some things that have happened in my life. Don't get me wrong, I still felt close to Him and everything, just impatient for things to happen in my life. I've come to the realization after my talk with God that He has such an amazing plan for me. I tend to forget that His timing and mine are totally different, and I need to be more patient. I think that's something I will always have to work on. I am so used to being always on the go and worrying about getting to place after place on time. I've grown up in an era where people are used to having things instantaneously, and that has obviously had an impact on me. So until I really have figured out what God has planned for me I need to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments: