Monday, March 16, 2009

God's Week

I found this poem a few years ago, and even now I still like to read it.

On Sunday, Lord, I go to Mass and there my prayers do say;
And hope, thereby for Heaven's help and in Thy grace to stay.
On Monday, Lord, I go to work, what I my bread may gain;
And pray that I'll not duty shirk and offer Thee my pain.
On Tuesday, Lord, I say my beads for those who've gone astray;
While from the cross, I hear Thee plea to follow along Thy Way.
On Wednesday, Lord, I visit make, I drop in to say "Hello;"
Though others, Lord, may Thee forsake, I try my love to show.
On Thursday, Lord, life seems so bleak; I'm tempted oft to sin,
Yet even though I'm frail and weak; with Thee the vict'ry win.
On Friday, Lord, I courage get; as I Thy cross to see;
How wondrous, Lord, that Thou dids't die, to prove Thy love for me.
On Saturday, my sins confess and then my penance say
Oh, do my Life and Family bless and walk with us each day.
Throughout the week, I strive my best, like Thine Own Self to be;
And trust each day to merit grace and grow a bit like Thee.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love this! Oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day, Teresa.