Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Love's Offering"


Today was one of those long days at work. Working with 12 kids a day who all have way more energy than the energizer bunny is not usually a problem for me. Today, though, with the weather the way it was, unfortunately we had to stay inside with the 12 kids and all that pent up energy. Let's just say it was exhausting and loud. The kids were not wanting to pay attention to anything we said, and I wanted to wake up and just start the day over with a whole new attitude.... So after I got home from work, and feeling as though I had gotten nothing accomplished with those kids, I decided to open up my copy of "God Calling" just because I was curious what it would say for today's reading. "God Calling" is a very inspirational daily devotional book that I received at my Confirmation. It has become one of my most used books in my collection. Anyway, so I opened it up to March 31st and this is what it said.


Love's Offering

I Am your Lord, gracious and loving. Rest in My Love, walk in My ways. Each week is a week of progress, steady progress upward. You may not see it, but I do.
I judge not by outward appearances, I judge the heart, and I see in both your hearts one single desire, to do My Will. The simplest offering by a child brought or done with the one desire to give you pleasure, or show you love, is it not more loved by you than the offerings of those who love you not?
So, though you may feel your work has been spoiled and tarnished, I see it only as Love's offering. Courage, My children.
When climbing a steep hill, a man is often more conscious of the weakness of his stumbling feet than of the view, the grandeur, or even of his upward progress.
Persevere, persevere. Love and laugh. Rejoice.

This is just what I needed to read after my day at work. Cool or what?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it awesome how carfully God orders our steps. Encouragement comes just when we need it.

Mike Keucher said...

That is awesome. It's nice to have an encourager in our God.

Those kids are lucky to have you!

And in times not so hectic and trying, I bet you feel lucky to have them.

Teresa said...

Angelmeg: It really is amazing how God plans things! Just when I need something the most, almost always He sends me some sort of sign of encouragement.

Mike: You bet I am lucky to have those kids! They usually make my day so much brighter whether it is from something funny they say or how they will come up to me and say "Miss Resa, I love you." It melts my heart.

Suzanne said...

Aww! You saw the good in it all with that very last line in your comment! I know you have a tough time on certain days and I want you to know that I hope I never seem to take you for granted, esp. on those days! Still, SOMETHING good comes from it all, as you see.
God Calling is an amazing amazing book! I encourage everyone to have a copy. I had no idea when I received mine from a friend during my Cursillo ..just what it would mean for me. Sue C. sure knows too and she has been so good to make sure my girls had one of their own. I can't wait to have her come check out your blog and read this! :)