Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Thoughts On "The End of The World"

My younger sister has always been really interested in "the end of the world." You know, all the different theories people have of what's going to happen when the end of the world happens. Lately she has been trying to convince me that the end of the world is going to be in the year of 2012. Well, last night while we were both at a friend's house baking stuff for fun, we all began to talk about different "end of the world" theories. We talked about my sister's 2012 theory and then how having Obama as our president is the beginning of the end. We talked about how a huge asteroid is gonna come and destroy 70% of the world.
Well I don't really put much stock into all the different theories out there. I figure it is gonna happen when it's gonna happen, so why worry yourself over how it will happen, or when. I mean, as long as you live your life the way God asks us to live, and you go to confession regularly, then there really is not much to worry about.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are very right. The last sentence says it all! Period.
Thanks for reminding us and encouraging us on. I love you.

Mike Keucher said...

Amen. If I'm not mistaken, they are saying it's going to happen right before Christmas in 2012.

I imagine the confession lines will be out the door the weekend before that!!!! And I'll be there, count on it.

Maybe I won't buy Christmas presents that year!

I'm not sure what to think about it. There's a convincing case they keep making on the History channel. I hope they're wrong, because I don't want to spend all my life on earth in school!

As you say: it's all in God's hands, so why worry!?

Mike

Teresa said...

Mike: I have a feeling you are gonna be right about the whole confession line thing... it's sad how many people put that off because they think they have all the time in the world...

Suzanne said...

Amen to both of you!
To Mike...I don't want to spend the rest of my life cleaning up after myself, Danny, Teresa, Crista, and Shane..either! I'd like to have a little more "fun" with them taking hikes, playing games, discussing more relaxed subject matter! AHHHH!
Lord, have mercy!
Hey..would someone please save me a spot in that line if you get at least near the front! I'll let ya'll up! Please and thankyou. Oh well...going anytime is good.