Thursday, March 12, 2009

Coincidence... I think not!

In the past few weeks I have begun to start to think that the Blessed Mother, Mary, has been trying to get my attention.... You see back in December I was asked by a very close friend to give a talk about the importance of having a good devotion to the Blessed Mother during our annual youth group retreat. I gave my talk at the retreat about two weeks ago. In my talk I focused a lot on Mary's role during the passion of Christ along with how important it was for Mary to accept to be Christ's mother in the first place. Well later that Sunday evening, I went to listen to a speaker that came to our parish to talk on the topic of commitment. In the beginning of his talk he talks all about Mary and the importance of her commitment to being the Mother of Jesus. basically he said pretty much the same things I had in my talk earlier that morning. I even turned to some of my friends after the talk and asked if they thought it sounded like mine, and they agreed. So if that was not enough... the other night I was in my room reading a book called "Surrender" which is a Catholic romance novel all about chastity and good stuff like that. So as I am reading this book, I come to these two paragraphs where the main characters start to talk about Mary and how important she is to our faith and how if there was no Mary saying "Yes!" there would be no Jesus. That's three times in a few weeks that I get the feeling she's trying to tell me something...I'm just not sure what that is yet. Interesting stuff.

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

Father's talk that evening was very similar to yours - I remember thinking the same thing! You know what you should do? Maybe you should post that talk here on your blog!! It was very, very inspiring for me and I'd love to reread it.

Remind me to tell you something tomorrow.

I don't know what our Blessed Mother is trying to tell you, but whatever it is, she's got your attention. Maybe that's all she wanted? Sometimes I think she just wants us to stay close to her so that, through her, we can stay close to Christ.

Hail Mary!

Mike

Teresa said...

I have thought about that myself, but I think that if I put it on here it would take up so much room! I used 7 pages for that talk. I probably will eventually though...we'll see.