Monday, April 13, 2009

"Gentle With All"

Today was especially difficult for me to get up and go back to doing my daily routine after being able to celebrate the Easter Triduum all this past week-end and being immersed in the beauty of those traditions. One thing that made it easier though was knowing I would be able to spend some time with some of my good friends this evening. One of my best friends, Jess, had her Junior french horn recital this evening, and all the music that was played was wonderful. I was sad to have it end to be quite honest. Along with being able to hear her play, I was able to spend some time with two of my favorite people, who can make me laugh so easily. Of course, I don't love them just because of the fact that they can do that, because there are even better reasons why they happen to be some of my very favorite people, but I do always have fun when I am with them. Being around these people did make it an easier Monday for me.
Anyway, when I got home this evening I again opened my "God Calling" book, and the reading was just so beautiful, I thought I'd share.

April, 13

Gentle With All


Love and laugh. Make your world the happier for your being in it. Love and rejoice on the grey days.
There are wilderness days for My Disciples as well as Mountains of transfiguration, but on both it is duty, persistently, faithfully done, that tells.
Be gentle with all. Try to see the heart I see, to know the pain and difficulty of the other life, that I know. Try, before you interview anyone, or speak to anyone, to ask Me to act as interpreter between you two.
Just live in the spirit of prayer. In speaking to Me, you find soul-rest. Simple tasks, faithfully done and persisted in, bring their own reward, and are mosaics being laid in the pavement of success.
Welcome all who come here. I love you.

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

You're one of my favorite people!!

I enjoyed tonight as well. Something about music that touches the soul, not just the physical ear drums. It was a nice St. Charles reunion in there.

Also, I enjoy the image of simple things coming together to form a "mosaic...in the pavement of success." It's hard for me to remember sometimes that it is the little things, not so much the big ones, that make the mosaic of our lives.

Teresa said...

Mike,

I was very surprised to see just how many people from St. Charles came too, but at the same time I should not have been considering not only Jess was performing, but Loralee and the other guy from the choir... sadly, I do not remember his name. Last night was the first time I was introduced to him...

I also liked that part of the reading too, but my favorite part was when it said, "Be gentle with all. Try to see the heart I see, to know the pain and difficulty of the other life, that I know. Try, before you interview anyone, or speak to anyone, to ask Me to act as interpreter between you two." That's something I should always work on doing.