Sunday, April 26, 2009

Where Did My Week-End Go???

As I said in my last post we have been blessed with gorgeous weather this week-end! :) Today after mass we had the Confirmation reception for all the Confirmation II students that will be receiving the Sacrament next week at the Lucas Oil Stadium up in Indy. This year, all the confirmation students in the Archdiocese will be receiving Confirmation together in the stadium for our175th Anniversary Mass. There will be nearly 3,000 students that will receive the Holy Spirit in this Sacrament, along with nupital blessing given to all married couples that will be there. There will also be religious orders celebrating jubilee anniversaries as well, so the stadium will be pretty packed and will be having more exciting things than a football game going on in it. I think it will either be really great or very chaotic with all those people figuring out what they are supposed to do and when they are supposed to do it. I am very excited for it.:)

Anyway after the reception I hung out with some friends waiting for noon mass to be over so we could sell coffee for a mission trip some of the youth group members will be going on. Now, I was not planning to stay all that time between masses, but it was pretty relaxing and I am glad that I did not leave one of my friends there to ammuse herself alone. While hanging around while mass was going on I was sad to see just how many people showed up so late to mass. Some were still coming in after mass had been going on for half an hour. I just can't seem to comprehend how people cannot seem to get the church for even one hour to be with God, and I think it's because I do enjoy going to daily mass that one hour does not seem like that much time at all. Really it isn't. I do not like to judge people, I try really hard not too, but when I watched those people walk in thirty minutes left like it was the most normal thing I had a really hard time not judging them.

After I left church and came home, my sister and her boyfriend and I decided it was to gorgeous to stay inside, and so we decided to go hiking. We went to McCormack's Creek where we hiked to the waterfalls. It was a lot of fun, and we stayed at the falls for quite awhile. We all got wet and cooled off from the heat. I ended up getting a little sunburned on my arms from all the sun this week-end. That's what I get for not wearing sunscreen.... that's one thing I do not like about my skin.... I burn so easily. I have a feeling I will probably end up with skin cancer one of these days because I don't think about putting on sunscreen in the Spring. Oh well, if that's how I die then so be it.... I didn't even mean to get into the topic of skin cancer, but that is how my mind wanders from topic from time to time.

Now it's back to the work routine, and with the pretty weather, I am sure my week will go by much faster than in the past few weeks, let's hope.

No comments: