Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"You Will Conquer"

At work today, both my boss and my co-teacher came to me today to tell me that my co-teacher will most likely be leaving the daycare sometime very soon. My co-teacher's husband received a job offer from Harvard and if his lecture goes well next month then he will most likely take the job. If however, his lecture goes bad, he won't take it, but Ellie (my co-teacher) will still need to take a year off to make sure her son gets the help he will need from the government for college. So with her gone, my boss informed me that I will become the new "lead" teacher. Now I have been the "lead" teacher in the room before, but I also knew that would be temporary. Knowing that this will most likely be a permanent thing has made me a bit nervous but also kind of excited. I will be sorry to see Ellie leave because she has helped make working at St. Charles Daycare a positive and happy experience.
Again I went home and this evening I opened up my "God Calling" book and yet again it had exactly what I needed to hear. Go figure...

You Will Conquer
April 21


I am with you. My Presence is a sign of My forgiveness. I uphold you.
You will conquer. Do not fear changes. You can never fear changes when I, your Lord, change not. Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, to-day and forever. I am beside you. Steadfastness, unchangingness, come to you, too, as you dwell with Me. Rest in Me.
As breathing rightly, from being a matter of careful practice, becomes a habit, unconsciously, yet rightly performed, so if you regularly practice this getting back into My Presence, when the slightest feeling of unrest disturbs your perfect calm and harmony, so this, too, will become a habit, and you will grow to live in that perfect consciousness of My Presence, and perfect calm and harmony will be yours.
Life is a training school. Remember, only the pupil giving great promise of future good work would be so singled out by the Master for strenuous and unwearied discipline, teaching and training.
You are asking both of you to be not as hundreds of My followers, nay as many, many thousands, but to be even as those who reflect Me in take this training, not as harsh, but as the tender loving answer to your petition.
Life can never be the same again for either of you. Once you have drunk of the wines of My giving, the Life Eternal-all earth's attempts to quench your thirst will fail.

3 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

You'll be great!

Teresa said...

Thanks, Mike!

Suzanne said...

Along with Mike, I agree and I want to say that I'm proud of you.
I know it is a fun job at times and I know it is a very difficult one at times. You are often their "mom" when she isn't around..the little ones. They need someone loving and strong in the Faith to care for them since ..well you know, we've talked about this, so I won't write it here. God has you working with young people for a reason and a good one!
:)