Sunday, April 5, 2009

Youth Mass Night

Once a month, in my parish's youth group, we have a youth mass. It is run basically by college students and highschoolers. Not only are we all able to go to mass together, but we are lucky to be able to have the sacrament of confession readily available before mass. Youth mass nights happen to be one of the more popular things the youth group does, because after mass there is always pizza for everyone to eat and time spent in fellowship. It tends to be the time when I am able to connect with some of my friends who I do not see too often, along with going to mass, which is always a great thing to do. When it is warmer, there is also a large ultimate frisbee game that is played, and I am not half bad with that game either. Youth mass nights are always a blast.
Sadly, two of the main people who help keep it going will be leaving next year, and I have been asked to step it up and take on their tasks. At first, since I did not know the work that was involved, I was hesitant to step up to the plate. Tonight was my first night of figuring out about all the different background things that go one before the mass begins. After watching and learning about half of the work I will be doing next year, I am not so intimidated with this new job I've inherited. Thankfully, I will have one more chance to refresh my memory before they leave. I'm just sad to see those people leave. They will be greatly missed by us left behind...

5 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

Teresa, you're the perfect person for the job!

I agree and will miss everyone so much. So sad to think that my time at St. Charles is coming to an end. I wish there was a seminary next door!!

Also, I love the new background color.

Teresa said...

Mike: I am still sort of in denial that yall are all leaving... I KNOW you are, but it doesn't feel real just yet. I'm sure it will hit me more over the Summer though.
Oh, and I'm glad you this one better than the pink one.

Suzanne said...

Who is the other one leaving besides Mike? This is nice..I think you'll do well in the way that I know many like you because you are easy to talk with and approach. Reach out for help..remember those who seem shy, but really just need someone to ask them to be a part. I know you will. :)!

Teresa said...

Mom: Cortney is leaving next year and so is Kyle... :(

Suzanne said...

Oh..I didn't know they led things up..although I knew they did alot.
So, who you gonna get to help? There's alot of people and I can think of several good kids who should be very willing to get into some more leadership.