Tuesday, April 28, 2009

God Really is In Control!!!

In the past few years one of my favorite things to help out with at my parish is the youth group. As I have said in a previous post that a lot of the people that have been really important to this ministry are leaving this year for bigger and better things, and for awhile the few of us left did not know what we were going to do.... After tonight, I have even more confidence that the youth group will do well without those people, but we will still miss them greatly. They are irreplaceable. Tonight happened to be the ministry fair for the R.C.I.A. class. Basically the fair is made up of a person from each ministry in the church who come to talk about their ministry and then afterwords the people from the class had a chance to go around and ask even more questions about the ministry they might be interested in. It's also a chance for the different ministries to gain new recruits to help out.

Right before the ministry fair began my friend and I were talking about how we would miss one person in particular because of how much he has done this past year with the youth group. Both her and I were in the middle of talking about how we liked that a male lead our youth group retreat this past year. It was nice to have that, and we both agreed that we should try to find another one of our guy friends to help lead next year's retreat with us. Well, God works in wonderful ways, because when it came time for the people to come around and find out more about the ministries, one college guy came up to us and started talking about the youth group. He mentioned how he was active in the youth group in his old church, and had great experience in running retreats and Bible studies. Both my friend and I looked at each other and it was like we both knew this guy was going to be very important to the youth group and had him give us his contact information. Along with this young man we had four other people, all college students, interested in helping out with the youth group as well. I am excited to get to know all these knew people over the next year, and am very grateful that God answered my prayers about how we were going to deal with the youth group without the people that were leaving. Kinda cool don't you think?

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

Teresa:

That fellow you are talking about in this post who has done so much in the last year...sounds like a saint to me!

I'm glad you have found someone (more than one?) willing to help out next year. I am praying for the future of the St. Charles youth group.

Also, I'm glad the fair went nicely. I want to hear about it tomorrow when you do the dishes. You'll be glad to know I had an excellent cookout!!

Mike

Teresa said...

Mike,

That guy, the one I was talking about has been like a saint when it came to the youth group...but everyone is human so we can't be perfect ALL the time now can we? lol
(I'm including myself there too.)