Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Emotional Rollercoaster Ride


Last night was a very emotional night for me, but then again, every time I have watched "The Passion" I always get a little emotional to say the least. Normally, when I watch that movie, it's been at a time when I haven't gone to confession for awhile and so it hits me hard. Since I went to confession on Wed. evening though, watching the movie this time was a little bit of a different experience for me. Normally, after the movie I feel like such an awful horrible person (which I did feel that way this last time, but not as intensely), and I cry like a baby. Instead, this time all I could think about was how loved I am by God and Jesus, and I felt very undeserving of it... I kept thinking in my head, "Who am I to have You go through all of that for me???" It was kind of overwhelming to think about.
So after watching the movie, I was blessed to be able to go visit Jesus in adoration at my parish. After that movie there was no place I wanted to be, but there for a little while. Sadly, I have not been to adoration in a few months, and I forgot just how peaceful it is. I stayed there for about an hour talking to God, and reflecting about what I had just watched. It was really nice, and I realized that I need to fit adoration in my schedule a lot more often then I do.
What a way to end a work week.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Teresa, I had a similar experience.
I think what might have happened to us, is that after confession, our minds and souls are not as scrunched up with sin and we have more Grace to allow ourselves to feel that great love and passion Jesus has for each one of us. Does that make sense..is that how you look at it too? Just wondering.