Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Confession and Reflection

Today was a gorgeous and beautiful day for me... Not too mention, it was also a very busy one at that. I was gone all day and did not get home until around 11:00 p.m. I was blessed to be able to go to confession tonight. I try to go at least once a month, and every time I go I always feel so happy afterwords... like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. It's a great feeling! After confession I headed over to another parish for holy hour. Tonight's talk at holy hour was all about where we were as far as our Lenten promises were going. Now, for lent I did something a little different. Other then praying a rosary everyday (which I have been able to do a lot more easily then I first thought I would.) I have also been doing little acts for other people to help make it a little easier on the people around me. I meant to do these things anonymously, but I have found that has been extremely hard to do because I apparently can't keep a secret very well.
We also talked about how we were doing since our retreat a few months ago... you know if we're still on that "Jesus high" or slowly falling back into our old selves again. It is hard after that initial "Jesus high" you get on a retreat to keep going. You do great for a few weeks, and then slowly you see yourself falling back into how you were beforehand.
The last thing we all did was write our own letters to God. In these letters we were supposed to write things that we were thankful for, things that we are sorry for, and to ask for the help we need to overcome the things we are sorry for or whatever may be troubling us at the moment. Now since I had just gone to confession before this, I had a harder time writing to God about the things I was sorry for, but the other two parts of the letter were very helpful indeed. It seems to me that when I talk to God in prayer, I tend to constantly ask Him for things instead of thanking Him for the things He's already given me or helped me with. Doing that exercise made me realize more of the many many things He has already helped me with which I did not pay too much attention to before. Going to confession and holy hour were two of the best ways to end my day! :)

4 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

Amen! I don't think I'd be able to live without confession.

You did have an excellent day. In addition to confession, holy hour, and working with your excellent kids, you also ate Quizznos for dinner, and you can't beat that!

Mike

Teresa said...

Mike: lol Yeah, you're right. You can't beat Quizznos. Not to mention I saw my nephew make it to confession last night too, which brightened my day a WHOLE lot!

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad I know you! :)

Teresa said...

Mom:
I'm glad you know me too.