Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Come and Stay"

Tonight after my stressful week I have mentioned my happiness for my week-end to finally come around. I have not really allowed myself to "miss" my friends so much in the past month because I did not want to be "mopey," but after the week I've had I really wish they were here to kind of vent to.... Since I do not have them here right now I feel kind of alone, but I hope this is only a little phase and I will get over it. It's just the selfish part of me that is wishing that they were here, and that selfish part is going to have to deal with not getting it's way. lol Since the plan to go to Purdue looks like it will not work due to homework my mood has kind of become a little grumpy.... I might visit a friend up in Indy for a few hours... I am still trying to finalize those plans. I really do hope I am able to see him because I have some things I would like to talk to him about that I do not think anyone else would be able to answer quite so well.

Tonight I opened up my "God Calling" book, which I have not opened up in a few months now, and even though it was not written for today's reading the title caught me, and I read it instead of the one I should have. It is funny because it is exactly what I needed to hear. It is times like these when I feel like I am doing badly with my relationship with God that He always shows me in small ways that He is there even if I do not feel as close to Him... and I need to remember that He is the one that knows what I need to hear best if only I give Him the time to tell me...


"Come and Stay"

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Yes, come for rest. But stay for rest, too. Stop all feverish haste and be calm and untroubled. Come unto Me, not only for petitions to be granted but for nearness to Me.

Be sure of My Help, be conscious of My Presence, and wait until My Rest fills your soul.

Rest knows no fear. Rest knows no want. Rest is strong, sure. The rest of soft glades and peacefully flowing rivers, of strong, immovable hills. Rest, and all you need to gain this rest is to come to Me. So come.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear
hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

No comments: