Sunday, September 6, 2009

How I Spent My Sunday

Today was a beautiful day here, minus the little bit of rain we had this morning. I started my day of at Mass, and tried very hard to pay attention to the homily, but the priest had an accent that made understanding all that he was saying to us somewhat difficult for me.
After Mass I was able to meet two of my good friends who came back for a visit for Labor Day week-end. My sister, Crista, her boyfriend, Thomas, and my two friends Stephanie and Jenny all enjoyed walking around downtown little Nashville. I found some really cute things on sale there, and the atmosphere of that town is just too much fun. I am very happy that my friend, Jenny, came all the way from Texas to visit her Bloomington friends. It was so nice to see her and Stephanie after about a month of feeling somewhat "deserted" by everyone. I know I really wasn't deserted by them, but the first few weeks after they left it kind of felt like it. Not so much anymore....
I was blessed that the Advil I have been taking all day has helped curb the pain from my tooth. I was hoping I would not have to use the strong pain medicine because then it would have made me really drowsy, and that would have been a recipe for disaster considering the plans we made. Although, who knows, I probably would have been amusing for people to watch, but thankfully that they were not needed. I do not like using strong pain medicine unless I really have to...
After the trip back home I was excited to eat something tasty after a few days of really bland food. I picked up some really good soup from Panera Bread and savored every bite of that soup. It was so good.
The evening was spent working on sewing a blanket for my new neice or nephew to be. In highschool I sewed a lot of different "cross-stitch" things. I also became very good at crochetting scarves and pot holders, so it was kind of fun for me to go back to that tonight while thinking about my new baby neice or nephew that will receive it.
I am very excited because my older sister is going to the doctor this week to find out if her baby will be a girl or boy. Personally, after having three nephews I kinda hope it is a girl. I really would love to go shopping for the cute baby girl outfits.... I see them a lot and wish I knew someone with a baby girl to buy them for, but since I don't (other than the parents that send their kids to the daycare) I never buy them. I think if the baby is a girl, it will be one spoiled girl, by this Aunt. I'd have way too much fun shopping for her.
If it is a boy, well let's just say he will be lucky to have one fun Aunt who will not mind playing outside in the mud and have just as much fun building mud pies and digging with "dirt diggers" and playing sports as the little guy will have. Either way, this baby is one very loved baby!!!!

No comments: