Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oh, what a day

Today was a very long day for me. Started off with taking my nephews to school before I headed over to my dentist's office. I love being with my nephews. They could tell I was in pain and were extra good listener's because it hurt to talk to much. My youngest nephew said to me that he would ask God to make my tooth feel better. How cute is that? I just gave him a hug and said thank-you. My oldest nephew is finally getting to that age where hugging is not all that cool anymore. It kind of makes me sad, but I know it's all a part of growing up I suppose.
At the dentist's office I found out the reason my tooth was hurting so badly was because I had an infection around the root of the tooth. He gave me antibiotics and then informed me that to really get it all fixed was to either have a root canal or get my back molar pulled out. Since I do not have any health insurance at the moment I had no choice but to take the less expensive route of the two, which was for him to pull out my tooth. I am not gonna lie, I was kind of sad to have my tooth pulled out, but being a poor college student, I did not have any other choice.....
The rest of the morning and afternoon I spent asleep. The pain medicine he gave was strong and I was asleep very fast after taking it. I spent about five hours asleep on my living room couch. When I woke up the pain of it was not so intense as before so I took some Advil and then spent some of the afternoon doing homework.
I received a phone call from a friend that totally made my week-end so much better. She happens to be on the student life team at St. Paul's and is part of the spiritual life committee. St, Paul's happens to be the least conservative of the Catholic churches around town, so I was happy to hear my friend was on the spiritual life committee. This group is wanting to push Eucharistic Adoration really hard this year, which I think is AWESOME!!!! They have plans for a Eucharistic procession and monthly Eucharistic Adoration nights on Wed. evenings. Those are just a few of the things they are trying to work out at this parish, which makes me so happy.
Tonight I spent at a retreat planning meeting. As most of my readers probably know by now, I love retreats. I hardly ever turn down an opportunity to help out in any way I can on a retreat. I will be giving a talk about prayer on this particular one, and I am very excited about it. The thing I found really funny about this retreat team in particular is that the majority of the team members are male, which is very strange to me. I am so used to retreat team members being made up of mostly females with maybe three or four males, but it is the total opposite this time. I think that it is great for the kids to see more positive male role models leading things like retreats. I have a feeling this is going to be one interesting retreat.
I am so happy to finally go back to work tomorrow. I have missed my kids immensely and I cannot wait to see them. I don't mind five days in a row off of work sometimes, but they would have been much more fun if they were pain-free.....

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

Glad you got it taken care of...I hope everything starts to feel better very soon.

Love that story about your nephew.

What retreat are you talking about? One at St. Pauls?

I hope they are able to get this Eucharistic procession arranged...that would be very sweet.

Mike

Teresa said...

Mike: I am glad they got my tooth thing figured out to.... Pain, especially from teeth, really does hurt....
The retreat I am talking about is the one at St. Paul's again. Niki is not going to be leading the planning meetings this time, so that is a relief. The leader will be one of the guys from the student life team, Robbie Steiner. I am getting kind of excited about this years retreat.
As far as the different things planned for St. Paul's, I am SO EXCITED for them to hopefully all work out. That would just be amazing. I knew when Ania told me she was wanting to be on the Life Team committee there would be some good changes. She is good with pushing things like adoration. I am proud of her, and if Kate were here she would be so happy. I wrote her a letter last night filling her in about all the things that they have planned.... I'm praying for it to all go well.

Teresa