Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun..."

I am in great need of a fun week-end this coming week-end. I hope that my homework load will not be as great as last week's load so I can have the free time to have some fun. Being stuck inside the house or in a classroom or at work is really starting to get to me. Those are pretty much the three places I have spent my time in over the last two weeks. I am beginning to really miss being able to go to daily Mass as much as I used to. I feel somewhat lost and more restless without that time. In a way I feel like I am slowly putting my relationship with God in the backseat to everything else in my life, and that scares me a little bit.

Next month I am extremely happy to be chaperoning a retreat and I cannot wait for that week-end. Being able to spend time with Christ in Eucharistic Adoration for the week-end sounds like the perfect place where I will be able to just stop and catch my breath. A place where I will be able to just rest, relax a little bit, and reboot my system while strengthening my relationship with God.

Until then I am going stir crazy and I think it's beginning to show to my family here at home. A friend of mine mentioned going to visit her for the week-end up at Purdue, and I would love to except I do not know how much homework I will have to do for next week to make that happen. I suppose if it's God's will He'll get me there to see her. If that does not pan out, I still intend to get out of this house and take a break from my family. I love them dearly, but I just need a break from them and school. I intend to figure something out and hopefully after a little break I will feel more refreshed and have a little more energy to make it through the next few weeks until my retreat. We'll see.

No comments: