Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"This Clock's Never Felt So Alive"

Teresa got a message that on this day, God wants her to know...
... that God has an important purpose for you, and made everything possible for you to succeed.That's not to say it's an easy purpose, or a convenient one.... It might very well seem hard or even impossible, but it only looks that way. The truth is that one day you will look back and see how all the pieces fit together. And how your life has been a complete and utter success.


The above is a message I received over facebook, and it was something I really needed to read after today. Right now I feel like life has pretty much flown by this past month. There is a stanza in a lifehouse song, "You and Me" that keeps running in my mind whenever I think about how time has flown by. It goes like this, "What day is it? And in what month? This clock's never felt so alive. I can't keep up, but I can't back down. I've been losing so much time."

Four days of the week are spent as follows: Get up by 7:15 a.m. Get ready for the day and leave the house no later then 8:15 a.m. Work from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. At 5:00 p.m. I leave work and head on to class with a quick stop for food on the way. Class starts at 6:00 p.m. and lasts until 9:00 p.m. After class I come home and do homework for awhile until I can't concentrate any longer. I get ready for and go to bed no later then 12:30 a.m. and then I get up and do it again. Sometimes I feel as though my week has gone by in a blur. I wake up and it's Friday and I think to myself "where did the week go." It all seems crazy to me right now, keeping up with which assignments are for which classes and lesson planning for work. It makes my head spin.

Tonight I got home literally just wanting to drop. I really did not want to walk up the eight stairs to my living room I was that tired in that moment. When I turned on the computer the message above is the first thing I read. As much as I feel like my life right now is insane I needed to be reminded God has a plan for me. It seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life that I need to remember..... God does have a plan for me, and I will understand it when I look back at it, but until then I have to remind myself God knows what's best.

No comments: