Wednesday, August 5, 2009

$90 Pizza???

I was looking at the yahoo news when I happened to find a story that caught my eye... Needless to say, even if I lived in Dallas, I would not go to see one of their games... I'd be in debt.... All I can say is that better be some amazing pizza.


Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 pm EDT

The new Dallas Cowboys Stadium will offer $90 pizzas

The colossal new Dallas Cowboys Stadium is living proof that everything is bigger in Texas. The menu in the luxury suites proves that things there are more expensive too.

Those enjoying a Cowboys game from a luxury suite at the new stadium will have to shell out $90 for pizza and $66 for a 12-pack of domestic beer, reports Steven Sipple of the Lincoln Journal World. Ninety bucks for pizza? That's almost as much of a rip-off as Roy Williams.

It costs $800,000 per year to lease one of those luxury suites, a hefty sum that doesn't include game tickets. On the bright side, the stadium's official Web site says that "having your company's name on a suite makes an important statement about your success" and can help make an impression on clients. (Namely that they're paying you way too much money.)

As for the $90 pizza, that's the cost for a plain pizza. No word on how much each topping costs but, suffice it to say, if you're a fan of pepperoni you may want to consider refinancing your mortgage before you head down to watch the Cowboys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to sound depressing, but this is depressing and all I can think of is a picture I just saw of Mother Teresa holding a pitiful skinny little child in her arms who obviously was hungry. All I can think to do after reading this is make my next check out to Catholic Relief Services or Food for the Poor as quickly as possible and ask God's Mercy on my soul ... let alone....
geezz...ridiculous..absolutely shameful.

Suzanne said...

Anonymous is me, Teresa! ;)

Rosemary said...

That is so absurd. (Hi! I read your mom's blog:-) Who could pay that for a pizza? Do these people not care about money? What an embarrassment. I think, no matter how much money I had, I would laugh at someone who told me they wanted 90 dollars for a pizza. Come on. I agree with you that someone would not be impressed at people who own these boxes. They don't have a good grip on reality. Man.

Sarah - Kala said...

I wouldn't buy a $90 pizza any more than I would buy a $90 purse. I bought a Coach purse - barely holds my checkbook and ID - for about $125 and I rarely ever use it. That taught me a lesson. I should auction it off and give it to CRS.

I love pizza, but I'd go hungry than pay that.

Mike Keucher said...

That pizza must be amazing. You know I'm quite a fan of pizza, but I draw the line long before one reaches the $90 mark!

Suzanne said...

LOL! What a hoot, Sarah...but you tell it like it is!
Mike, I'm with you...LONG BEFORE....