Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thoughts on the movie, "The Ugly Truth"

Tonight one of the most embarrassing moments of my life happened to me, and I have had quite a few embarrassing moments, but I think this one is going under my top 10 list of embarrassing ones... You see there are things that happen to me, where if someone would have just warned me not to do it than I would not have done it. Tonight I went to see the movie "The Ugly Truth" with my friend, and because I had not eaten anything since lunch time I decided to get some popcorn for a change... well I learned that the next time anyone does get popcorn they should not keep it in their lap while watching the movie, because apparently the butter will go onto their jeans in a way that will make them look like they peed in their pants, and that five minute walk from the movie room to the car will most likely be the most awkward five minutes ever... I don't know why exactly I felt like sharing that with you all, but maybe it is because now that I have taken a shower and put on clean pants and have thought back on those five embarrassing minutes I have been laughing really hard at my dorky self. Something like that would only happen to me, and I guess it is better that I can laugh at it than to cry.
Anyway, the movie "The Ugly Truth" was definitely entertaining, but I do not know if I can totally agree with the way men are portrayed in the movie. They can't all be pigs. Maybe the majority of men are, but I don't think all of them can be pigs. I refuse to believe that is the case. Even the main lead male in the movie who claimed all men care about is how a girl looks and how she is in bed ends up falling for the classy girl. In a way I think he proved his own theory about men wrong. I think that looks most definitely plays the most important part in attraction, obviously, but I don't think it's the only thing.
I think it must be the hopeless romantic in me that believes that there are still men out there who find a confident woman who knows her self-worth and does not need to flaunt it for the world to see very attractive.

No comments: