Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful For Days Like These

Today was filled with a few different and pleasant surprises for me.
The first is how gorgeous today was. After the past few days being filled with rain and thunderstorms and cloudy skies, it was so nice to wake-up to a beautiful sunny day. Another plus about it was that there was hardly any humidity whatsoever, so it was the perfect temperature. I loved it!
The second was how I got too leave work an hour and a half earlier than usual because for whatever reason all of the parents of my kids decided to pick them up early. They were all gone by 4 p.m., which never ever ever happens... I love my job, and I love those kids, but it was still a nice surprise to leave that early. I did not know what to do with that extra free time so I went for a drive to the lake while jamming to some Rascal Flatts in my car and the windows rolled down. It was the perfect day for that.
The best surprise of all though, was when I came home and found out my three nephews were spending the night with us. I have hardly been able to see them all Summer long, so I have been excited and happy to hang out with them. It amazes me how much taller the older two boys have gotten in just a few months time. The oldest is just a few inches away from passing me up, and he's only nine... We took the boys to our neighborhood park and had a pic-nic dinner. I had fun playing around with them on the playground and walking over to the creek where we took turns skipping rocks and playing in the water. I didn't play to much in the water though because it was way too cold for me. Now as I am sitting here typing they are finishing up getting ready to lay down and watch a movie to fall asleep.
As much as I love these kinds of days, I am glad they do not happen to very often, because if they did I think I would take them for granted and not enjoy them nearly enough.

No comments: