Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Regrets...

"Past experience should be a guide post, not a hitching post."

-D. W. Williams

When I get bored and I happen to be on facebook I tend to fill out those silly surveys that people put up. I noticed that in almost every one the question, "If there was something you could change in your past would you, and why?" will come up. It is not necessarily put in those exact words, but the meaning is still the same. I always kind of giggle at that question. I think that everyone has some regrets about their past, I know I certainly do. The thing about regret is that it teaches you a lesson, and it is probably something you would not have learned if you had not made that mistake in your past. I think regrets help make you into the person you are today. Maybe, the only way that lesson would have really hit home and you learned something from it was by making that mistake yourself. So, in a way, I am grateful for every lesson I learned from regrets I have made. Even though I do regret some things, I know that if I went back in the past I would not change a thing.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'd change some things...not much, but some. Be thankful that nothing you've done thus far has been that you'd regret too much and I hope the same for your future..girl, you can't lose that way! ;)