Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Top 10 Memories from my Summer of 2009

It is finally that time for another semester of classes to begin. I guess the beginning of school has just kind of creeped up on me this time. The Summer just kind of flew by... and it was a fun one, but also a hard one for me. I guess knowing I have to go out and buy books for my classes tomorrow and get school supplies over the weekend is what has finally caused me to register how fast it all went by. I think the most mundane part of the whole "getting back to school" is waiting in line to buy books. I have waited three hours one time just to spend tons of money on books I hardly ever opened up. I think it is so silly that students have to spend so much money on text books. They cost so much.
I think with all the classes I am taking and working full-time as well, this semester will hopefully go by fast. I am just ready to be done with school, myself. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I do have a full-time job in the area that I am majoring in. I feel like I already know a lot of the things they are teaching me, but I still have to go and take the classes to get my degree. I think I would be more interested in my classes if that were not the case...

Knowing that this is my "last week of freedom," I have spent more time thinking back on my Summer. The good things about it and the not so good. So what are my top 10 things I want to remember the most about the Summer of '09?

My Top 10 Memories from my Summer of 2009

1.)My birthday celebration: It was so much fun that night with all my friends. They all made me feel special and very loved. :)
2.) The many hikes I took at McCormick's Creek. They were always fun.
3.) The late night "Ice cream" binges. Yummy!
4.) Random adventures: I would get in the car with my friends and we would drive down random roads not really knowing where we were going, just enjoying the fun of it.
5.) A friend of mine's birthday party. It was a fun night. It was an enjoyable day that day, minus my car wreck.
6.) Sunday night Bible studies and the ultimate frisbie games that followed. Those were really fun and interesting.
7.) The Eric Church concert I went to. Good times that night.
8.) My road trip to King's Island/ Ohio with some of my friends: It was like our big last thing we did together before we had to leave eachother for the school year. It was so much fun and filled with good memories.
9.) Helping teach 3rd grade ccd classes. I had a blast with that.
10.) Going out to St. John's late at night just to look at the stars. There's just something about looking up at the universe and the countless stars that really make you think and ponder about things.

2 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

Number 1: that was a blast!

Number 6: yes, those were very nice. Soon I am going to post all the handouts onto my blog.

Number 9: agreed. You still owe me!!!

OK, kidding.

But a nice list!

Mike

Suzanne said...

I feel left out..am I at least included in a late night icecream binge or something? :(